Sunday, April 8, 2012

Medical Mission ~ Tiring yet very fulfilling :>

Last April 6, 2012, my sister and I, joined the Medical Mission headed by Every Nation Church from Singapore and Victory Gensan. 

Weeks before the said date, announcements were told regarding the Medical Mission every after a service from Victory Center. The first time I heard the announcement, I immediately told my sister that I wanted to be one of the volunteers, and she supported me. I signed up, and she signed up as well. I was very excited because I would not only learn from the Medical Team, which consists of Professional Nurses, Doctors, and Pharmacists (I pray that I become one after I graduate and take the board), but also it's one of the most fulfilling things to do in this world... reaching out and helping those sick and people who are in need. But more than that, my sister and I, are most happy because by joining this Medical Mission, we did not only help the physical needs of our brothers and sisters, but most importantly their emotional and spiritual needs. 

We believe that only God can quench a thirsty soul, and when we share the goodness of the Lord to the people around, they will taste His unending favor, love and grace... and they will have that contentment... that's found only in the Lord. :)


Some of us were assigned in the Counseling Team, and that's were they talk to the people individually, and listen to the people's stories, and then share the love of God for them. It's really amazing! I believe that God really had a beautiful purpose for bringing us all together to form a team that would go and reach out to His people.

It was a long day, but we had fun and we learned many things. It was fulfilling. It's priceless. We pray that we could do this again in the days to come.

Glory to God! :>


How about you? Get up! :)  reach out, and start by sharing that smile, and even simple and short encouraging words to a friend, you'll never know how God uses small things into a greater purpose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment